Big Toe Joint Arthritis
This condition is very common and results in pain and stiffness in the big toe joint.
Cause and Symptoms
- Often appearing years after an injury like 'turf toe'.
- Some foot types (shape, length and position of bones) may also be a factor.
- Limited motion, swelling and pain around the great toe joint.
- Non-surgical care can be managed by FASA, however ultimately surgery is generally required as the condition deteriorates.
- Procedures for hallux rigidus include joint repair/ salvage and joint fusion
- Experienced in all Hallux Rigidus procedures at FASA we specialise in joint salvage(joint resurfacing). Joint fusion can generally be avoided through this approach.
Together we can explore your treatment options.
Our surgeons will guide you on a evidence based treatment pathway which focuses on your expectations for mobility.