(Hallux Abducto Valgus)
Our surgeons are globally recognised and experienced in bunion surgery.
Bunions occur when some of the bones in the front part of your foot move out of place. This causes the tip of your big toe to get pulled toward the smaller toes and forces the joint at the base of your big toe to stick out.
Symptoms (can vary)
- A bulging bump on the outside of your big toe.
- Swelling, redness or soreness around your big toe joint.
- Ongoing pain or pain that comes and goes.
- Limited movement of your big toe.
- Shoe fit and or cosmetic issues.
- Associated hammertoes (we can also address this).
- The primary goal of bunion surgery is to realign the great toe joint.
- The most common element of all hallux valgus procedures is a requirement to cut the bone behind the big toe joint and realign the joint.
- The best procedure for one person is not necessarily the best for another. There are many variables we will consider when selecting the right management for you.
Together we can explore your treatment options.
Bunions will generally require medical/surgical intervention.
Contact us if you have any concerns relating to bunions.