Did you know that ingrown nails are the most common problem requiring a procedure in the foot and ankle in Australia?
If you have had recurring ingrown toenails you should consider having them procedurally corrected.
Assessment is important prior to considering a procedure. For instance, ingrown toenails are sometimes associated with bony lumps(osteochondroma) or soft tissue deformity which can be removed at the same time by a FASA surgeon.
Symptoms can include:
- Pain around the edges of your toes.
- Infection (red and hot around the skin).
- Deformed nail and or skin around the toe.
- At FASA we can address your ingrown toenail and any associated bone or soft tissue problem procedurally.
- These procedures can be performed under local anesthetic in the office.
- We also offer the option of procedures performed under general anesthetic in a hospital or day surgery centre.